homemade hot chocolate
Hot chocolate is the perfect hot beverage for a snowy winter’s day
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup skim evaporated milk
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla flavouring
- A handful of miniature marshmallows
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Make the cocoa mixture. Combine 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp. of granulated sugar in a bowl. Stir the ingredients a bit to combine them.
Pour ¾ cups of water into another bowl or cup. Make sure it's microwave-safe.
Microwave the water on high for 1 ½ minutes or until the water boils.
Pour the hot water over the cocoa mixture. Stir the mixture until it’s smooth.
Pour 2/3 cup skim milk into another cup. Microwave it on high for 1 minute. Then, pour the warm milk into the mug with the water and cocoa mixture.
Add ¾ tsp. of vanilla flavouring. Stir well to combine the ingredients. Then, place a few mini marshmallows in the cup.
Serve. Enjoy the taste of this cup of delicious hot chocolate with mini marshmallows -- if you'd like to treat a friend, just double the ingredients when you start making your hot chocolate, or repeat the process.
use good quality hot chocolate powder
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Instant Custard 4.7/5 (129 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (254 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (147 Votes)