Epic black forest chocolate brownie cake
All the best desserts rolled into one. Not for the faint hearted or anyone on a diet!
- For the brownie mixture:
- 220g lactofree spread
- 170g dark chocolate (70% or higher cocoa solids)
- 110g potato flour or tapioca flour
- 450g castor sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 110g walnuts
- Cake Filling
- 600ml of double cream
- Jumbleberry (summer fruits) Jam
- Cake Topping
- 1 tin of cherry pie filling
- 4 meringues
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven 180 C and grease and line 2 26cm round cake tins.
Melt the butter and chocolate together using a bain marie
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in your biggest mixing bowl!
Beat the eggs into the butter and chocolate mixture and stir in all the dry ingredients quickly, mixing until you have a smooth batter.
Divide equally between the 2 cake tins. Stir the chopped walnuts into the mixture of one of the cake tins and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 30-35 mins.
Leave to cool for 10 mins in the tins and then turn out onto a cooling rack.
Spread a layer of jumbleberry jam on the walnut layer of the brownie cake.
Whisk the cream until thick and smooth on top of the jam layer.
Carefully place the 2nd brownie layer on top of the filling.
Break the meringues into halves and use to form a border around the top edge of the cake, using some of the whipped cream to stick them on.
Fill the space in the centre with cherry pie filling.
Wear your comfy trousers and undo a notch on your belt!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (258 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Apricot Hunky Cookies 3.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Chicken & Tarragon Suet Pudding 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Black Forest Gateau 3.3/5 (121 Votes)