Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake
- 125g Butter
- 281g Castor sugar
- 300g bananas (ripe)
- 188g evaporated milk
- 219g sultanas
- 200g Dove's Farm gluten free plain flour
- 80g ground almonds
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 100g pecan nuts
- Optional banana liqueur
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Cost Average budget
Soak the sultanas in water or banana liqueur for at least an hour or overnight if possible.
Preheat the oven to 106 C Fan. Grease and line a 26 cm cake tin.
Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
Beat in egg yolks, mashed banana and evaporated milk and mix well.
Dust the sultanas in some of the flour, then add the flour, ground almonds, baking powder to the mixture and beat until smooth
Mix in the sultanas.
Whisk egg whites until stiff then fold into cake batter.
Pour into prepared cake tin and arrange pecans on top in a pattern.
Bake at 160 C for 1hr 1/4 to 1 hr 1/2
Cool in cake tin for ten minutes then turn out onto cooling rack.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Apple and Pecan Banana cake 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Double chocolate and pecan nut... 3.4/5 (121 Votes)
- Banana Split Cake (competition) 3.5/5 (102 Votes)