Cod Chowder with Madeira
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
In a large pot, heat over medium pork until browned slightly. Add onions, carrots, celery cut into pieces. Saute a few minutes. Then stir in flour.
Add the potatoes, herbs and pay one or two liters of water. Simmer.
When everything seems cooked, add fish, cook.
Add milk and cream and Madeira.
This is a thick soup, nourishing, recalling the same stew. Herman Melville in this same version of Moby Dick, 'made of small shells melting, juicy, tasty, not much bigger than nuts, supported by a meal of biscuits and seas pounded by minced salt pork, all generously enriched butter and strongly identified with salt and pepper. '
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.