Chicken and Bacon Pasta
This is an easy family meal which I have created myself.
- 150g diced cooked chicken
- 100g rindless bacon
- 1 courgette
- 2 spring onions
- 200g soft cheese (Philadelphia or similar)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 300g amori pasta
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Add a spoonful of oil to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
Chop the spring onions and slice the courgette.
Heat a tablespoonful of olive oil in a wok and fry the bacon.
Remove the bacon, chop into pieces and return to the wok.
Add the vegetables to the wok at this stage, (or if you have fussy children like mine who don't like onion or courgette, cook in a separate frying pan and add after serving childrens' portions).
Add the cooked chicken to the wok.
Drain the pasta and add to the wok.
Stir in the soft cheese and allow to melt.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Oil is added to the water for the pasta to prevent it clumping together.
If you wish to use raw chicken, rather than cooked chicken, start cooking it before the bacon.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Quorn and vegetable pasta 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Bacon and Cheese Pasta 2.9/5 (107 Votes)