Sundried Tomato and Halloumi Stacks
Fast, fancy burgers with tangy tomatoes and Cypriot cheese. Suitable for vegetarians.
- 1 pack of halloumi
- 2 bread rolls or burger buns
- 2 sundried tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 flat mushroom
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 4 leaves of fresh mint and/or lemon juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Slice the mushroom and pepper lengthways. Take two flat pieces of pepper and each half of the mushroom and pan-fry on a high heat until soft and slightly charred. Place to one side.
2. Cut the rolls in half and lightly toast under the grill. Meanwhile, slice the halloumi in half lengthways (if this is too much for you, try slicing into thirds and save the rest for another time) and pan fry until soft and golden brown, turning occassionally.
3. Finely chop the mint leaves and mix into the yoghurt. Add a squeeze of lemon juice if desired. To assemble, take the bottom of a roll, add a sundried tomato, the halloumi, the
mushroom and the pepper. Top with the other half of the roll. Serve with the yoghurt and a fresh green salad.
Mix the yoghurt dressing hours in advance to let the flavours intensify.