A delicious and easy to make breakfast granola. Perfect for fussy eaters: just put in what you like! The recipe below is just an example, you can vary the ingredients at will.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 g porridge oats
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g pieces of mixed nuts
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 100 g flaked almonds
- 100 g mixed dried fruit (apricots
- 50 g dessicated coconut
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat your oven to 150C fan /160C electric / Gas 3.
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, except the dried fruit and coconut.
Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, and split the mixture evenly between them. Spread in an even layer and bake for 10 min.
Add the fruit and coconut to the mixture, and return to the oven for another 10 min.
When done, remove from the oven straight away, cool on the trays, then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This is delicious served with yoghurt and/or fruit compote.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 3.8/5 (106 Votes)