Apple Pie Roll Ups
I may never make a normal apple pie again. These are quick fun to make and quite scrummy! Slices of apple, rolled in pastry, baked, glazed and served with custard.
- 3 1/2 ounces caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 320g package of ready rolled all butter shortcrust (in North America
- use a 14 ounce package of refrigerated pie crust)
- 3 TBS melted butter
- 2 medium tart apples
- peeled and cut into 6 wedges each
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 230*C/425*F/ gas mark 7. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Set aside.
Whisk together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Brush with 2 TBS of the melted butter. Sprinkle with all but 1 TBS of the cinnamon sugar. (reserve for a few minutes) Cut the sheet into 12 inch strips along the long side. Lay a wedge of apple on the short end of each pastry strip and roll them up, with the sugared side of the pastry against the apple. Place them onto the lined baking sheet. Brush with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar evenly over top.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Serve warm, with or without custard. Delicious!
Note - You can of course make your own pastry from scratch. I have used ready roll for ease and speed. If you buy the all butter one (and I recommend that you do) it's pretty good and very close to homemade.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (802 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (443 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (215 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (200 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (147 Votes)