Strawberry and apple crumble
A crumble made of apples and strawberries and oat flakes in four easy steps.
- 20 g butter for the dish
- 250 g ripe but firm strawberries - halved
- 3 medium-sized apples - Royal Gala or Golden Delicious chopped
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *1 tsp corn flour (optional) - I didn't use
- for the crust
- 65 g porridge oats
- 50 g flour
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp carob flour
- pinch of cinnamon
- 80 g unsalted butter - softened
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the crust:
In a deep bowl mix all the ingredients until very well combined, make one big ball, the butter shall keep it all together. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
Butter the dish and distribute the fruit. Sprinkle with sugar and vanilla.
Remove the crust from the freezer and make relatively big crumbles. Cover the fruit.
Bake in a 180-190 C preheated oven for 50 minutes.