Apple and Cheddar Scone
Combination of salty and sweet flavors is quite common. Apple and cheddar goes pretty well like in this recipe.
- 2 apples
- peeled and diced
- 200 gr plain flour
- 50 gr granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 85 gr cold butter (unsalted)
- 65 gr mild cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- for the top:
- some grated cheddar for sprinkling
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put the apples and sugar into a pan. Heat on medium for a few minutes, until the apple is getting tender. Remove and leave to cool.
Place flour, baking powder into an electric mixer, add the diced cold butter. Mix until looks like crumbs. Add the cool apple, cheddar, one egg and mix again. Add the second egg, and finally the cream. Mix until the dough comes together, but please don't overmix!
Wrap into kitchen foil, and have a rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180 C. Place a baking sheet on the baking tray.
Place the dough onto floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to 1 cm thick. Take your cutter and make circle scones.
Place them on baking sheet, lightly brush with beaten egg, then sprinkle with some grated cheddar.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
You can serve them with smoked salmon, avocado or plain soft cheese.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Oscar's squashy apple scones 3.1/5 (83 Votes)
- Cheese and bacon scones 0/5 (0 Votes)