This home made jam is so easy to make and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- Strawberries - 700 g
- Sugar - 500 g
- Lime juice - from one lime
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the strawberries and pat dry.
Place the strawberries in a heavy bottomed pan and mash them lightly with a spoon or fork,leaving few big pieces.
Add sugar, lime juice and mix.
Place the pan on a medium high heat till the sugar dissolves, cook the strawberries for 10-15 minutes stirring continuously. When its almost the setting point take a cold plate(keep it in freezer for 5 minutes) and add a little of jam to the cold plate and place it back to freezer for 1-2 minutes. Take it out and when you draw a line it should leave a trail.
Allow it cool down to room temperature and store the jam in a sterilised bottle.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (171 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (152 Votes)