Soy, Ginger and Garlic Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks with a soy, ginger and garlic marinade - perfect for BBQs, picnics and parites!
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon finely diced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, finely chopped garlic, grated ginger, sugar and mirin together and pour over the chicken.
Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight.
Preheat your oven to 200C.
Take the chicken out of the marinade (pour it into a small saucepan for later) and place on a wire rack on a baking tray.
Bake the drumsticks for 35 minutes, turning halfway through. While the chicken is baking bring the marinade to the boil and simmer until it has reduced by over half and has a syrup-y consistency.
Take the drumsticks out of the oven and place on a baking tray - because the glaze is sticky it's best to cover the tray with foil to avoid any washing up issues later!
Spoon the reduced marinade over the chicken.
Put the chicken back in the oven and after 5 minutes spoon some more of the marinade over the drumsticks. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, insert a skewer to the fattest part to make sure the juices run clear so you know the chicken is fully cooked.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (225 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)