Sweet Eve Strawberry, Ricotta, Lemon and Cream Tart
Each serving contains:
Calories - 484
Sugar - 7g
Fat - 38g
Saturates - 23g
- For the pastry:
- 175g plain flour
- 100g cold butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- A little cold water
- For the filling:
- 250g Sweet Eve strawberries
- 200ml double cream
- 250g tub of ricotta
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of a lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Rub the cold butter into the sifted flour till it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the sugar and the egg, adding just enough cold water to create a dough, but no more.
Roll the pastry and use it to line a 20 cm tart tin which has been greased with a little extra butter. Prick the base of the tart with a fork. Place the tart tin in the fridge for 30 minutes.
In a roomy bowl whisk the fresh cream till it forms soft peaks. Add the ricotta, lemon zest and cinnamon and mix well.
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Bake the pastry tart case for 20-25 minutes, till crisp and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
When you are ready to serve the tart, spoon the ricotta and cream mixture evenly across the tart base. Decorate the top of the tart with Sweet Eve strawberries.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (199 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (188 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)