Eton Mess or glasses of strawberries, meringue and whipped cream
By Melissami , blog Couscous et Puddings
- For the meringues
- 175g sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- for decoration
- 300g strawberries
- 570ml of double cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Stir in the sugar, 1 tsp at a time while mixing with an electric mixer. Using a spoon or piping bag, make little heaps on a baking tray on baking paper. Bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven at 140C.
Once cooked, turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the cooling oven overnight.
Next day, whip the cream, add the strawberries, cut into quarters, break up the meringues and place on top.
Start by places a few strawberries in the bottom of the serving glasses before adding the cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (456 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Biscuit Base Lemon Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Le yogurt et fruit whip 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Eton Mess with vanilla... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Tiramisu with Red Gooseberries 3.4/5 (94 Votes)